CloudSpeed 500 Internals
The CloudSpeed 500 comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm Z-Height. This will allow for deployment into blade servers and dense applications. The SSD also features internal thermal monitoring and enhanced SMART statistics for monitoring the SSD.
The SSD comes in a 2.5" form factor aluminum chassis.
The SandForce SF-2581 controller rests flush against a thermal pad. This allows the SSD to withstand temperatures up to 70C.
The 24nm MLC NAND is rebadged with SMART Storage Systems logo. This NAND has been through a re-characterization process and optimized to provide 15,000 P/E cycles.
There is 256GB of raw NAND onboard the CloudSpeed 500, and 224GB is user addressable.
The third-generation power loss protection is provided by an array of capacitors along the edge of the PCB. We can also observe the additional open pads for more capacitors with the larger capacity version of the CloudSpeed 500. These capacitors provide reliable protection in high-heat environments.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017