CloudSpeed 500 Internals
The CloudSpeed 500 comes in a 2.5" form factor with a slim 7mm Z-Height. This will allow for deployment into blade servers and dense applications. The SSD also features internal thermal monitoring and enhanced SMART statistics for monitoring the SSD.
The SSD comes in a 2.5" form factor aluminum chassis.
The SandForce SF-2581 controller rests flush against a thermal pad. This allows the SSD to withstand temperatures up to 70C.
The 24nm MLC NAND is rebadged with SMART Storage Systems logo. This NAND has been through a re-characterization process and optimized to provide 15,000 P/E cycles.
There is 256GB of raw NAND onboard the CloudSpeed 500, and 224GB is user addressable.
The third-generation power loss protection is provided by an array of capacitors along the edge of the PCB. We can also observe the additional open pads for more capacitors with the larger capacity version of the CloudSpeed 500. These capacitors provide reliable protection in high-heat environments.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia's flagship will be announced on August 16th
- Nintendo hits $1.37 billion in net sales in Q1 earnings
- Splatoon 2 sells 670,995 copies in 3 days in Japan
- AMD shares rise 8% riding Ryzen and GPU excitement
- USB 3.2 announced, packs double the bandwidth of USB 3.1
- Toshiba N300 8TB High-Reliability HDD Review
- Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Visbit releases Unity SDK and web VR player for its all-in-one VR streaming service, bringing high quality VR streaming to the masses
- GWENT Gamescom 2017 tournament announced
- Toshiba NVMe SSDs now available with Lenovo's new ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile servers
- Mafia III: Sign of the Times DLC now available
- PNY reveals low-cost CS1311b SSD