Inside the Ostrog Giant
With the side panels removed, looking into the chassis you can easily spot the hardware box in the bottom of the HDD rack. You can also see the rear fan wire is tended to as well as the chassis front panel wiring, it is also tied and run to the floor so it doesn't flop around in transit.
There are three 5.25" bays offered in this chassis. On this side of them you have these tool-free locks. To slide in a drive you do nothing but slide in the drive. When you hear the click, the drive is locked in the bay. If you want to, you can add screws to the other side, but these clips do keep the drive secured.
There are also eight 3.5" drive bays behind the pair of 140mm LED fans. The top section is removable simply by grabbing the two tabs and sliding it out. To install drives, there is a ton of clip in sliders for the sides of the drive included with the hardware.
If the video card you want in here is a bit on the long side, remove the four bays at the top and change the length available from what was 286mm to now 412.5mm with it out.
The top of the chassis will support dual radiators with 20mm offset spacing. The real issue is that even with this section being raised, the chance that the fans will run into the PWM heatsink or the memory is quite high.
The motherboard tray offers one small, two slightly larger rectangular, and a large square wire management holes in it, as well as offering eight places to tie up the wiring. There is also a very large CPU cooler back plate access hole to allow you to swap coolers without removing the motherboard.
The floor of the chassis offers four rubber pads to set the PSU on, and the area under it is well ventilated to allow the PSU to draw enough air. In front of that there is a two bay 2.5" drive rack that with the screws under the chassis can easily be removed to install the drives or just get it out of the way.
Inside the back of the Ostrog Giant you can see the black 120mm fan installed there, and it is powered with a 3-pin fan connection. The expansion slots are replaceable once used, and they all have hex head screws to secure the cards.
Behind the motherboard tray you can see that Enermax ties up the wiring to get your wiring underway, and the chassis offers 20mm of room from the frame to the tray to stash wiring. The nice plus here is that the door is bumped out to allow for all sort of wiring.
The wiring from the front of the chassis contains a pair of 3-pin fan connections for the 140mm fans there. It also has the power, reset, HDD activity, and power LED wires to the left of the HD Audio, USB 2.0 and native USB 3.0 connectors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- NVIDIA's next-gen video cards will be available at retail in June
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer details augmentations, and more
- Apple Music update brings videos, family plan to Android
- Windows 10 upgrade nag screen interrupts weather lady
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched