We've already seen two quality units from Rosewill this year, but we aren't done yet. We intend to cover as many of their products as we can just to find out if there are any lines being cut along the way or if their whole lineup is packed full of solid units. The two units we've looked at so far have come from different OEM's - Super Flower and ATNG. The unit we have today is another Super Flower rebrand.
The Rosewill SilentNight 500W is a fanless 500W power supply designed for those seeking a lower wattage, highly efficient unit with zero sound. If this sounds familiar to you, it might be due to use covering several fanless units in the past. The Kingwin Stryker 500W is one power supply that comes to mind for most and that is because it is identical to that of this unit. Both are from Super Flower and we expect to see almost identical results from the Rosewill. I've personally used the Kingwin Stryker in my HTPC for over a year now and not only is it 100% silent as advertised, but it has performed flawless as well.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Rosewill SilentNight 500W features a single 12V rail rated for 41.5A or 498W of power. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 20A each with a combined maximum output of 100W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 2.5A or 12.5W. Maximum combined output for the Rosewill SilentNight 500W is 500W.
For a 500W unit, the SilentNight 500W is packed full of features. Of the list we look for, the only one not present is OTP. I'm still not sure as to why Super Flower never put this in their design, but I can tell you that these units run surprisingly cool. Even after days of use, I can open my case and rest my hand on the heat sink of the power supply and it is barely warm - however, do not try this at home! The Rosewill SilentNight 500W features both native and modular cabling, all of which are fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type. The power supply is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency and 100% continuous output at 50C.
Rosewill lists the SilentNight with an MSRP of $179.99, but it is currently listed for $159.99 on Newegg. Shockingly, this is the same price that the Kingwin Stryker 500W is going for. Nobody seems to have the SilentNight in stock and Rosewill let me know they expect it to be available again in May. Rosewill backs the SilentNight 500W unit with a five year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines