Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The consumer 2.5" lineup from Intel consists of the 330 Series, 335 Series and 520 Series. The newest to the lineup is the 335 Series and Intel only offers it in 180GB and 240GB. 335 is also the only family in the current lineup using new 20nm NAND flash.
In the first quarter of 2013 Intel sold twice the number of SSDs than they did in Q1 2012. The company estimates this growth will continue throughout the year, but 25nm flash alone isn't enough to double output. There is already a shortage of 520 Series products and Intel needs 20nm flash, thus 335 Series to fill in gaps. Intel Micron Flash Technology can produce more NAND per wafer with 20nm and that eases pressure on 25nm destined for enterprise and professional products.
Intel' specifications show nearly identical performance between the 330 Series and 335 Series. We felt the 335 was a little faster in 240GB when we tested it a few months ago, but that may have been due to further firmware improvements. The big difference between 330 and 335 on the chart above is power consumption. The Intel 335 uses less than half the power of the 330 and 520 Series and lower power consumption is good for notebook users.
In a surprising move, Intel didn't design the new 335 for use in their own Ultrabook market. The 335 Series has a z-height of 9.5mm or a traditional notebook size. Many of the new Ultrabooks require 7mm SSDs so this is a move we don't agree with. Your existing notebook is still fair game and desktops as well.
Newegg lists the 335 Series at $174.99 (180GB) and $209.99 (240GB). The 335 ships with a nice accessory kit that includes a software disk (with the Intel SSD Toolbox and Intel Data Migration), desktop adapter bracket, SATA power, SATA data cables, screws for mounting the drive, a sticker and a quick installation guide. The 335 Series also has a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Intel 335 Series 180GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Dell unveils a new 27-inch QHD G-Sync monitor, priced at $799
- 'The Iron Giant' theatrical re-release gets first trailer
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20