Accessories and Documentation
We already used most of these parts, but here is how you get them. On the left are the large nuts for the glass panels, the 12mm nuts for the rods, the large PSU thumbscrews, and spacers you have to install inside the frame at the bottom of the left column. You also get wire maintenance clips and the centering pacers for the outside of the four rods running down the middle.
On the right are the rubber spacers to protect the glass from the chassis and next to them are the spacers to set the motherboard tray into the frame. At the bottom is all of the screws, risers, and goodies you need to get your components mounted in the D-Frame, and the bag of hex head screws to mount the chassis parts to the tray.
The book sent along with the D-Frame is a very important part of this build. Without this book you will be lost for a bit because there are a lot of parts that need to be looked at, verified, and known so you can even get the chassis together. So whatever you do, don't just throw this back in the box when you get the parts out.
They start with two built images of the D-Frame and label and explain all of the components so you can familiarize yourself with what you are looking for as the build section calls for them.
They also go as far as to show the components as they are packaged in the box. This way, as the instructions call for any of the components, you can go right where you need to simply by flipping back to this to get verification of where you can locate that exact part.
It also opens the hardware box and gives users a checklist for all of the components sent in the plain cardboard box. This way you don't get to the last three or four steps and realize you can't finish things because something is missing. It is much better to take the time to verify these things now, before the build starts.
Once you get into building the D-Frame, you are dealing with instructions such as this. You really have to pay close attention, as the drawing are close to reality, but does leave some things up to your common sense to guess you have it right. With a tiny image like this one, and as much going into the chassis in one step, you can easily get a little bit confused, so take your time and eye things up first - it may save you some time with the screwdriver.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [InWin D-Frame Chassis Components]
- Page 5 [Assembly of the InWin D-Frame]
- Page 6 [Assembly of the InWin D-Frame Continued]
- Page 7 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 8 [The Build and Finished Product]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now