NZXT Kraken X60 Continued
I did notice the box says that there is 16" of tubing, but on both the X40 and the X60, I measured 15" in total. The four port pan lead is about 10" long, and the SATA lead is on another 6" of cable. The 3-pin fan connection is 7" long, and the USB cable reaches near 22" in length.
The barbs on the radiator are aluminium, and the 1/4" ID tubing is pressed over them. To keep the tubing from backing off, plastic rings are pressed over the tubing to keep it locked to the barbs.
Checking a random section near the middle of the radiator, you can count for yourself, but let me save you the trouble. There are 24 Fins per Inch (FPI) between the micro-tubes that the coolant transfers the heat from.
You are now looking at 280mm of width and 140mm of heat in this radiator. While I noticed that Corsair went with a 20mm spread in the middle, NZXT used 15mm spacing between the pairs of middle screws.
You can see the fans are a little closer together than on the H110 as well. These fans do cover quite a bit of the surface area, and with them being as powerful as what I saw with the X40, I can only image they will do just fine here, too.
This image was taken for two reasons. One is that there is a sticker with the name of the cooler, the serial number, and the power requirements. I also wanted to show the radiator in its 27mm profile, but keep in mind there are offsets, so the radiator is much thinner where the fins are.
The 140mm fans are ever so slightly larger than the width of the radiator. So if you do plan to use a push/pull setup, you still need to consider for 140mm not the 138.5 specified. With a single set of fans the size will almost double, and with four fans on this radiator, we are looking at 77mm in total thickness.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [NZXT Kraken X60 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [NZXT Kraken X60 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015