Installation and Finished Product Continued
Just for the product image I went ahead and put the fan on top of the cooler to give those planning to use it in this fashion an idea of what they will get.
If you don't have a height restriction, with a fan on top, it allows plenty of room for any sort of memory heat spreaders to easily pass under the fins.
What is nice about the NT06-PRO is the offset where it allows you to put the excess of the cooler over the memory or over the PWM heat sinks like I have it here. There were no restrictions mentioned in the instructions as to which way you should not install this cooler, and since I use a test bench, the motherboard is flat and vapor in the pipes being trapped is not a concern.
Back to the way the cooler is intended to be used, you can see it really cramps the memory with the fan underneath. There really isn't a good way to correct this either, as any ways you turn the cooler it either has fins over the memory, or the heat pipes were angled over them.
Even though the fan is slightly higher than the memory in these slots, you can see that access to the one closest to the CPU is now completely blocked. Makes sure the memory is in the slot first in your build, or it is going to take a bit of strategy to remove the fan inside of the SFF chassis to get the memory in.
I just wanted to step back and give you all the impression of the NT06-PRO that SilverStone had intended. With the fan under the fins blowing out into the chassis, the components and well as the CPU should stay a bit cooler. It also leaves you with the clean looking side of an air cooler. Even after a few months of dust buildup, this side of the cooler will still look exactly like this.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20