SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued
Just to show you that the pipes are in fact soldered into place, as I was prepping for the base images, I saw it was painfully obvious that these weren't installed with paste.
To protect the base a bit in transit, as well as keep the surface from oxidizing, there is the clear sticker covering the base, which must be removed prior to usage.
The base of the NT06-PRO is relatively flat across most of the bases span. Near the corners is starts to round off away from the center height, but it is well outside of the contact area. The milling isn't so perfect, but there are still a lot of people that think small grooves works better than lapped surfaces for thermal transfer.
Of course when you install the cooler, you can place the fan on as I did here, and blow the heat down at the motherboard, but you are giving up the low-profile nature of this design like this.
Since SilverStone show the cooler to be used like this, with the fan underneath, blowing up through the fins, this is how I will be using and testing it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Last day for Windows 10 free upgrade is today
- Radeon 16.7.3 drivers improve Rise of the Tomb Raider performance
- Pay what you want for 180+ hours of game dev training
- New Prey game isn't a sequel or a reboot, it's a re-imagining
- PlayStation VR requires almost as much space as HTC Vive
- C2750D4i no POST turns off after couple of seconds
- Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router Review
- GA-X58A-UD7 Error Code 88 (or 8b something)
- Asus Stix X99
- Latest APP Center Gigabyte programs
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio