SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler
Out of the box and looking it in what I will call the front of the cooler, you can see the aluminum fins are in fact impressed with the SilverStone name and the snowflake logo. You can also see the fins are press fit on the heat pipes, and the pipes are very even across the fins spread.
From the side you can tell there is a large section of uninterrupted fins, but then you find a small section that doesn't come all the way to the outside edge. This allows for access to screws as you install it. You can also see the bends in the pipes, and while the tops are kinked, the bottom bends are much smoother.
From the back of the NT06-PRO you can see the nickel plated heat pipes as they are tightly held into the base, and spread like a fan to take on the even spacing through the fins of the top half. You can also see that the last fin in the stack has the name reversed, and while it may be for show, this rippling of the fin induces turbulence, which is good for efficiency.
The one thing I forgot to mention when we looked at the other identical side is that each fin has a tab that locks into the next, so these evenly spread fins you see now will be able to be maintained for the life of the cooler.
Looking down upon the NT06-PRO, you can see that not only are the fins shaped on the top to allow for fan spacing and pressure building, but on the sides there is a protruding section in the middle to allow the fans to clip to.
The NT06E had a skived pre-cooler here, but that was done away with on the PRO. Here you just have the two solid plates of copper with the pipes soldered in, and four tabs at the top to align the cross-bar of the hardware kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- We Heard You Like Discounts
- Acer's new 10-core smartphone will 'dominate' Android gaming
- The first big patch for Windows 10 is coming soon
- Rocket League patch will let you filter out PS4 users on the PC
- BBC's Grand Theft Auto TV movie 'The Gamechangers' trailer arrives
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015