Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The NT06-Pro is constructed with a two piece copper base that takes the six 6mm heat pipes between them, and they are then soldered into place for better thermal transfer. Once the base and pipes are assembled, they are then coated with nickel plating. At this point SilverStone adds natural aluminum fins to the pipes. There are 52 in total, five of which are shorter to allow access to the mounting hardware, and each fin has the SilverStone name pressed into it. This is a C-Style cooling solution, so the fins run parallel to the motherboard, and while most times the fans blow at the motherboard, for clearance concerns, the fan with this cooler is meant to hang from under these fins.
Since I brought up the fan, we may as well continue on that subject. The fan includes with the NT06-PRO is the HA1220H12SA-Z. The fan is capable of delivering 73.9 CFM of airflow through its 20mm thick frame. The nine blades can revolve at up to 2200 RPMs, but there is no mention of the noise levels. There is however some special TDP remarks concerning this cooler. You can run the NT06-PRO passively if you don't have more than 65W of processing power under it. With the fan that ships in the box added, you can tame 95W worth of CPU heat. If you are to grab a solid performing 25mm thick fan, the TPD rating jumps to 130W. If you take the fan from the box and put it under the cooler, and add a 25mm fan to the top, you can then cool up to 150W of CPU. Keep in mind, while the last solution may offer the best results, it does take the height back up and may not work for many SFF cases.
As I look around, it doesn't seem to be that hard to locate the NT06-PRO for sale. Through Google I found three hits, two of which were eBay, while the other was a listing at AeroCooler.com for $55 flat. Thing is when you add one to the cart, I am looking at spending at least $18 to get one to my door. Then I went to Amazon and searched for it and found that I can just get one there, and pay $58 with shipping included. I will say this though, it has been quite some time since I saw a cooler at this price range that looks and it foretold to be able to handle the job at hand, even if you do have to mess with the fans on the cooler body some.
For effect, and as far as this review is concerned, the cooler will be tested with the fan that comes with it only. If it can handle what my 2600K can deliver with just that fan on the cooler, I think SilverStone may have a real winner on their hands.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [SilverStone NT06-PRO CPU Cooler Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [Installation and Finished Product Continued]
- Page 9 [Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 10 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'far bigger than anything' CD Projekt Red has made
- View-Master goes next-gen with a new VR-powered View-Master
- Some iPhone 6S handsets are running so hot they are shutting down
- Roku 4 announced, has 4K support, remote finder and much more
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio