Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
A reference designed GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB is going to set you back $169 and a 1GB version comes in at the same price point as the reference HD 7790 at $149. It would be really interesting to see how the 1GB variant goes when compared against the 2GB version and the HD 7790. If our past experience is anything to go by, there could be little difference between the two models. We'll cover these tests in the near future if all goes to plan.
While we don't have solid pricing on the variants of the HD 7790's we've looked at just yet, we mentioned that you're probably looking at around $15 more due to the custom cooling solution and out of the box overclock. This means that the Sapphire HD 7790 1GB Dual-X OC would probably line up fairly close in price to a reference GTX 650 Ti Boost.
The coolers on the two HD 7790's we've looked at have been simply fantastic. We saw both sit pretty much at the bottom of the graphs when it came to noise and temperature - something that the reference cooler doesn't do on the GTX 650 Ti Boost.
Performance on a whole on the NVIDIA model is strong and overall it comes out ahead of the HD 7790. It's also more expensive, though, and non-reference cooled ones are going to come in at an even higher price tag. More than likely we'll see those variations come in at around the $184 to $189 mark, if our estimates work out to be correct.
In the end it really looks like if you spend a bit more money you get a bit more performance. Depending on how strict your budget is will no doubt depend which way you go. As we climb closer to that $200 mark, though, you're getting into HD 7850 territory.
NVIDIA has given its partners a good base to work off. It will be interesting to see what those partners do with cooling and out of the box overclocks. Overall, though, this mid to high $100 price bracket has really started to heat up thanks to both NVIDIA and AMD. The two things we really want to see now is a 2GB variant of the HD 7790 and check out the performance of the 1GB version of the GTX 650 Ti Boost.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS B250 Mining Expert board: support for 19 x GPUs
- Destiny 2 will have 21:9, SLI, HDR support on the PC
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A official: 16MP camera and low price
- Final Fantasy XV PC recommends GTX 1080 Ti
- Tomb Raider: native 4K on Xbox One X, high FPS mode
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience