Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
AMD's Radeon HD 7790 continues to not be available yet with AMD expecting the model to hit retail shelves around the first week of April and while we've heard partners have already shipped the model out to retailers, we're still yet to see them listed over at Newegg.
With a $149 SRP on the standard reference design HD 7790, we expect, just like the Sapphire model, that this GIGABYTE video card is going to carry with it a slight premium due to the inclusion of an upgraded fan and an out of the box overclock. Like the Sapphire offering, we'd be tipping a price increase of around $10 - $15.
When it comes to out of the box performance we know that it would be fairly in line with what we saw from Sapphire. While we didn't test stock speeds, we just know from experience. While the memory clock may be 400MHz QDR down, we know that overall it's the core that gives the biggest boost to performance and with both video cards having the same core clock, we know that performance between both cards would be quite similar.
As for overclocking performance, you can see a strong boost in clocks mean a solid boost in overall performance. For the most part we see numbers sit at around the 10% mark. While we don't really see this change performance from unplayable to playable, most of the time we do see it overall just give us some more breathing room in situations which saw us sit just around the 60 FPS mark.
Moving away from performance and covering more the card we've got a very strong cooler that manages to perform exceptionally well. With the overclock we saw a load temperature of only 60c, more importantly, though, the noise levels sat at the very bottom of the graph with fantastic idle and load levels.
As for the bundle, there's not a whole lot that can be said about it. As you'd expect it's on the fairly light side of things, but considering where the model sits, this isn't too much of a surprise.
In the end this is another good rendition of the new Radeon HD 7790 from AMD and if you're looking for a video card at around this price point, it's no doubt going to be an attractive option. While the cooler is of course a little larger, it's not something that should cause an issue in most cases and the benefit is of course those low noise levels that come out from it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- CryEngine 3 used for interior rendering demo, and it looks amazing
- iPhone 6S to feature upgraded 4K-capable rear-facing camera, and more
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20