Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
AMD's Radeon HD 7790 continues to not be available yet with AMD expecting the model to hit retail shelves around the first week of April and while we've heard partners have already shipped the model out to retailers, we're still yet to see them listed over at Newegg.
With a $149 SRP on the standard reference design HD 7790, we expect, just like the Sapphire model, that this GIGABYTE video card is going to carry with it a slight premium due to the inclusion of an upgraded fan and an out of the box overclock. Like the Sapphire offering, we'd be tipping a price increase of around $10 - $15.
When it comes to out of the box performance we know that it would be fairly in line with what we saw from Sapphire. While we didn't test stock speeds, we just know from experience. While the memory clock may be 400MHz QDR down, we know that overall it's the core that gives the biggest boost to performance and with both video cards having the same core clock, we know that performance between both cards would be quite similar.
As for overclocking performance, you can see a strong boost in clocks mean a solid boost in overall performance. For the most part we see numbers sit at around the 10% mark. While we don't really see this change performance from unplayable to playable, most of the time we do see it overall just give us some more breathing room in situations which saw us sit just around the 60 FPS mark.
Moving away from performance and covering more the card we've got a very strong cooler that manages to perform exceptionally well. With the overclock we saw a load temperature of only 60c, more importantly, though, the noise levels sat at the very bottom of the graph with fantastic idle and load levels.
As for the bundle, there's not a whole lot that can be said about it. As you'd expect it's on the fairly light side of things, but considering where the model sits, this isn't too much of a surprise.
In the end this is another good rendition of the new Radeon HD 7790 from AMD and if you're looking for a video card at around this price point, it's no doubt going to be an attractive option. While the cooler is of course a little larger, it's not something that should cause an issue in most cases and the benefit is of course those low noise levels that come out from it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Andy Rubin's Essential teases its upcoming flagship
- HTC unveils Link VR headset for the U11
- SEGA is racing to victory
- Vertu launches a $360,000 priced feature phone
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017