We've got quite a large fan that takes up majority of the cooler with the help of the shroud. GIGABYTE have opted for a really larger cooler here with the Triangle Cool fan coming in at 100mm. This is large and due to that it should be able to spin quite low, while also offering some good cooling numbers.
Taking a look across the top we've got the same setup as the Sapphire HD 7790 1GB Dual-X OC we looked at the other day. That means towards the back we've got a single 6-pin PCIe power connector and closer to the front we've got a single CrossFire connector allowing for up to two of these video cards to run together.
Finishing our look you can see we've got two DVI connectors, one Dual-Link DVI-D connector along with a DVI-I connector. We've also got a HDMI port and a DisplayPort to round off the connectivity side of things.
Out of the box a reference clocked HD 7790 comes with a 1000MHz core and the 1GB of GDDR5 at 6000MHz QDR. While GIGABYTE has decided to leave the memory clock alone, they bumped up the core to 1075MHz. This is the same core clock as the Sapphire - the difference between the two cards in clocks is that Sapphire pushed the memory speed to 6400MHz QDR.
Because we had a look at an overclocked card already in the Sapphire HD 7790 review, we thought that we'd take the chance to overclock via MSI Afterburner. Because we don't have the ability to adjust the core voltage, we thought that we might not get much in terms of final overclocks. However, looking above, you can see the 1230MHz core and 6700MHz QDR memory clock paint a solid picture of strong overclockability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.