The Sony Xperia TX was a bit hit and miss with benchmarks, so let's get right into it. First off we have GLBenchmark 2.5.1, and the 2.1 Egypt Classic Offscreen running in 1080p.
The Xperia TX beats the mid-range Optimus L9, which isn't surprising, isn't much worse than the Xperia Tablet S, and nips on the heels of the Nexus 7. When it comes to the Nexus 4, it simply gets its ass handed to it, even though it is a more expensive handset.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Surprisingly, the Xperia TX gets completely trounced by the competition here, every single other device we've benchmarked thus far beats the Xperia TX.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
The Xperia TX makes a come back here, coming out on top of the Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro benchmark, edging even the Transformer Pad Infinity and Nexus 4.
And finally, some battery tests using GLBenchmark's built-in battery test, running 2.5 Egypt HD 60fps.
Battery life wasn't actually too bad on the Xperia TX, equaling my everyday phone, the Nexus 4. I found this surprising, considering the Nexus 4 is a powerhouse, but keeps its battery life under control.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now