The Sony Xperia TX was a bit hit and miss with benchmarks, so let's get right into it. First off we have GLBenchmark 2.5.1, and the 2.1 Egypt Classic Offscreen running in 1080p.
The Xperia TX beats the mid-range Optimus L9, which isn't surprising, isn't much worse than the Xperia Tablet S, and nips on the heels of the Nexus 7. When it comes to the Nexus 4, it simply gets its ass handed to it, even though it is a more expensive handset.
Next up we have the Fill Rate Offscreen, again at 1080p.
Surprisingly, the Xperia TX gets completely trounced by the competition here, every single other device we've benchmarked thus far beats the Xperia TX.
Second to last, we have Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro with the Full Benchmark Total Score.
The Xperia TX makes a come back here, coming out on top of the Quadrant 2.1.1 Pro benchmark, edging even the Transformer Pad Infinity and Nexus 4.
And finally, some battery tests using GLBenchmark's built-in battery test, running 2.5 Egypt HD 60fps.
Battery life wasn't actually too bad on the Xperia TX, equaling my everyday phone, the Nexus 4. I found this surprising, considering the Nexus 4 is a powerhouse, but keeps its battery life under control.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Features]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Last Guardian pre-order numbers have surprised Sony
- ESA gets $425 million extra to complete ExoMars mission
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand