Alongside the ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion that will be running at stock and overclocked, we've also got the cheaper ASRock X79 Extreme4. Alongside these two X79 boards we've got a three Z77 offerings including the ASUS Maximus V GENE, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and finally the ASRock Z77 OC Formula.
Before we get into the performance we'll cover how we went with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and started to tinker with the settings to see just what we could get out of the particular i7 3970X Extreme Edition CPU we have on hand.
We know that it's good for around the 4.7GHz mark. Sometimes that's achieved via a 47x multiplier and other times we get it via a 46x multiplier and a bit of a bump in the BCLK department.
Looking above you can see we managed to run a 47x multiplier alongside a slightly increased BCLK of 101 bringing our CPU speed in at 4746MHz or 4.75GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a fairly standard clock speed and seems to be the limitation of our particular CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club