Checking out the Sapphire HD 7790 Dual-X OC you can see it's of course a dual fan card as you'd expect by the model name. Overall, though, it's a good looking card with the black and silver setup. What we really love, though, is the matte black PCB which would go fantastic with a matte black GIGABYTE motherboard. As for the heatsink setup you can see it's pretty strong with the copper heatpipes running through the middle to pull hot air away from the GPU.
Moving across the top you can see just a single 6-pin PCIe power connector is needed for power while closer to the front we have just a single CrossFire connector giving us the ability to run two of these cards in CrossFire.
Looking at the connectivity side of things you can see two DVI ports alongside a HDMI and full size DisplayPort connector. You can see a small vent setup, but nothing too major due to the larger amount of connectors that are offered here.
Getting onto the specification side of things we can see some of the main specs below. We'll cover it in a bit more detail here, though, as we look at some of the other key areas. Compared to the HD 7770 we see an increase in stream processors from 640 to 896. At stock both cards carry with it a default 1000MHz core clock and 1GB of GDDR5 on a 128-bit memory bus remains the same. Due to an increase in memory speed, though, the memory bandwidth has increased from up from 72GB/s to 96GB/s. Average power draw on the model has also slightly increased from 80w to 85w.
Looking above you can see that Sapphire has got the core coming in at 1075MHz which is 75MHz up on the reference speed. The 1GB of GDDR5 has been increased from the default 6000MHz QDR to 6400MHz QDR, as you can see above.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 19 [Temperature Test]
- Page 20 [Sound Test]
- Page 21 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 22 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- New chip could charge your phone in 10 minutes, Samsung interested
- 2nd-gen MSI ECO series motherboards debut
- Raspberry Pi Zero is a $5 programmable computer
- ASUS celebrates 20 years of making GPUs with GTX 980 Ti Golden Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront PC player count is poor, dominated by Fallout 4
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family