I still find the Final Thoughts of the L-series of smartphones from LG hard - they're budget phones, but I can't find myself recommending them. The Nexus 4, also made by LG, is less than $350 - and offers twice the specs, and twice the phone.
What LG have done with the Optimus L9 is finish off a series of smartphones with a better 'bang'. The L9 has better specs, a bigger screen and is the much better performer of the three L-series phones from LG.
Should you buy the Optimus L9 for yourself, a friend or family member? That depends on what they already have. My dad for example, would be perfect for this phone - he's not a technology expert, but he's not a novice either. The bigger screen is perfect for him, and so is the feature set. He doesn't need a naked version of Android, or an iPhone.
I think this is where the L9 fits in - to specific people, wanting a phone at a specific price without huge amounts of 'whizz-bang'.
LG have used the L-series as a testing ground for their new F-series, which was announced during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in late-February. We should have some of these units soon to play around with, and by the looks of things, we should see some much-needed improvements in the F-series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand