Looking above you can see our typical testbed setup. Today, though, we've got our 240GB mSATA III MemoRight drive placed neatly in our mSATA II slot that's offered on the GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH. Along with our Z77X-UP4 TH running at both stock and overclocked speeds we've got the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, ASRock Z77 OC Formula, ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt and MAXIMUS V Gene. To round off the collection today we've also got the GIGABYTE X79S UP5-WiFi.
Moving to the overclocking side of things we head into the BIOS and move straight to a 47x multiplier. Getting into Windows with no issue we did run into problems when it came to our MediaEspresso encode where we had it crash.
Moving down to the 46x multiplier our CPU booted up at 4.6GHz. Expecting this to work with no real issue we got into Windows and completed our MediaEspresso encode with no issue. With that all working well we decided to head back into the BIOS and see if we could get anything more out of the board and CPU.
Messing around for a while we ended up with our BCLK running at 101.49. As you can see above this brings our CPU in at 4668MHz or 4.67GHz as illustrated in our graphs here today. This isn't too bad an overclock and should yield some decent performance over the default clock speeds offered by the 3770k.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance