The GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH falls into the same category as the recently looked at ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt. Both were boards we received last year, but due to the fact that one of the major focus points of the board was the inclusion of Thunderbolt, we decided to put it on the back burner.
Many months on, though, it seems we're no closer to Thunderbolt really becoming mainstream due to driver problems under Windows and a general long lead time for approval of devices. It seemed that it was just finally time to blow the dust off some of these boards and see just what we could get out of them, even if we didn't get the chance to focus heavily on the Thunderbolt side of things.
If you want to read a bit more into our thoughts on what's going on with Thunderbolt then I highly recommend that you check out the introduction of the above mentioned ASUS review. Saying that we'll be covering the Thunderbolt and what's going on with it in a bit more detail when we get to the final thoughts at the end of the review.
For now we've got to do a few things. The first is we'll check out the box of our GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH and see what is going on with the bundle here today. Once we've done that we'll move onto the board itself where we'll cover the main features before heading into the BIOS to check out what's going on with the 3D BIOS. We'll then take the chance to cover our test system, the boards you'll see in our graphs today and finally before we get into the benchmarking side of things we'll see how we went with overclocking. For now, though, let's get into the box and bundle.
Looking at the front and back of the box it's very much a standard affair. We've got some of the main details on the front including mention of Ultra Durable 5 and of course the fact we've got Thunderbolt support. You can also see a push on the 3D Power All Digital Engine and 3D Dual UEFI BIOS.
The back of the box covers some of the main features in more detail with a big push on the Ultra Durable 5 side of things being covered across the top. You can see we go into a bit more detail on the Thunderbolt support which in this case is the inclusion of dual Thunderbolt ports. The All Digital Power setup is mentioned along with some information on the 3D BIOS.
Carrying the UP4 name we knew that the bundle wasn't going to be huge. You can see above it's a fairly standard setup with some paperwork, driver CD, four SATA cables, I/O back plate and finally an SLI bridge.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [GIGABYTE Z77X-UP4 TH Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017