Alongside the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM which will be running at stock and overclocked we've also got ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt we looked at just the other day.
Along with those two boards we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, another ASUS offering in the form of the Maximus V GENE and finally a X79 / C606 based board in the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi. Before we cover the performance of the board here today, let's take the time to quickly go over the overclocking side of things.
Like we do with most Z77 boards these days we adjust our voltages and move to a 47x multiplier. Some boards get into Windows with no problem, others simply don't boot or BSOD on the way in. The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM in this case got straight into Windows without any problems.
We ran Media Espresso and we completed the run with absolutely no issue. So with that done we headed back into the BIOS and started to mess around a little with the BCLK and voltages to see if we could move past 4.7GHz.
Looking above you can see we managed to get a 100.59 BCLK alongside the 47x multiplier which brought us up to 4727MHz or 4.73GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a really strong overclock and should bring with it some strong performance gains.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard working on new mobile games
- GALAX GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White: dual-slot GTX 1080 Ti
- The Division receives loadout feature in PTR patch
- CliffyB: AAA games in a 'weird spot', VR in '80s' period
- GDDR6 is coming to high-end GPUs in early 2018
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club