Alongside the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM which will be running at stock and overclocked we've also got ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt we looked at just the other day.
Along with those two boards we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H, another ASUS offering in the form of the Maximus V GENE and finally a X79 / C606 based board in the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi. Before we cover the performance of the board here today, let's take the time to quickly go over the overclocking side of things.
Like we do with most Z77 boards these days we adjust our voltages and move to a 47x multiplier. Some boards get into Windows with no problem, others simply don't boot or BSOD on the way in. The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM in this case got straight into Windows without any problems.
We ran Media Espresso and we completed the run with absolutely no issue. So with that done we headed back into the BIOS and started to mess around a little with the BCLK and voltages to see if we could move past 4.7GHz.
Looking above you can see we managed to get a 100.59 BCLK alongside the 47x multiplier which brought us up to 4727MHz or 4.73GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a really strong overclock and should bring with it some strong performance gains.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- I hope Destiny 2's leaked poster is fake, and here's why
- Apple's red iPhones extremely popular in - China!
- HMD confirms US availability for the Nokia smartphones
- Oppo launches F3 Plus with dual front cameras
- Manli's upcoming GTX 1080 Ti features blower fan design
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter