Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As we mentioned in the start at $449.99 the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is the most expensive Z77 board on the market, although at the time of writing, it's out of stock over at Newegg. Looking at what this board offers it doesn't come as a surprise the price it hits at and for the most part we don't have an issue justifying it.
We want to discuss the included mSATA drive. We don't like the inclusion of it. The best feature it brings to the table is that it's an awesome addition so you can easily make use of Intel Smart Response and Rapid Start technology, because we know the 32GB size isn't enough to make it your primary drive.
We like the concept, but the main issue we have is that if you've got $449.99 for a motherboard, the chances are that you'll probably have the money to afford a decent sized SATA III SSD, to act as your main hard drive. It would be a lot faster than the 32GB drive using the ASUS caching technology, clearly a lot bigger and just overall more convenient.
I think the way we see companies simply just offer us the mSATA port on the motherboard is enough. mSATA is still something that hasn't entirely taken off and with SATA III SSD drives becoming faster and more affordable, most people would probably still continue to find themselves opting for that storage path over this one.
Moving away from that, though, and going through the rest of the board, we've got an offering from ASUS that is packed full of features. We've got the Wi-Fi GO! card that offers both wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. Thunderbolt is on offer although is something we continue to feel a little underwhelmed by.
Outside of the features we've got typical ASUS performance and the best thing about "typical ASUS performance" is that it tends to be some of the best performance on the market. Out of the box we see some extremely strong numbers which often put it ahead of the competition. When it comes to the overclocking side of things performance is also extremely stellar with a very nice overclock on offer.
The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is truly an awesome motherboard that has a huge amount going for it. The price point means it's not for everyone and the inclusion of the mSATA SSD isn't going to be for everyone. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic motherboard from the folks over at ASUS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- Samsung offers iPhone users $200 if they switch to a new Galaxy phone
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20