Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
As we mentioned in the start at $449.99 the ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is the most expensive Z77 board on the market, although at the time of writing, it's out of stock over at Newegg. Looking at what this board offers it doesn't come as a surprise the price it hits at and for the most part we don't have an issue justifying it.
We want to discuss the included mSATA drive. We don't like the inclusion of it. The best feature it brings to the table is that it's an awesome addition so you can easily make use of Intel Smart Response and Rapid Start technology, because we know the 32GB size isn't enough to make it your primary drive.
We like the concept, but the main issue we have is that if you've got $449.99 for a motherboard, the chances are that you'll probably have the money to afford a decent sized SATA III SSD, to act as your main hard drive. It would be a lot faster than the 32GB drive using the ASUS caching technology, clearly a lot bigger and just overall more convenient.
I think the way we see companies simply just offer us the mSATA port on the motherboard is enough. mSATA is still something that hasn't entirely taken off and with SATA III SSD drives becoming faster and more affordable, most people would probably still continue to find themselves opting for that storage path over this one.
Moving away from that, though, and going through the rest of the board, we've got an offering from ASUS that is packed full of features. We've got the Wi-Fi GO! card that offers both wireless and Bluetooth connectivity. Thunderbolt is on offer although is something we continue to feel a little underwhelmed by.
Outside of the features we've got typical ASUS performance and the best thing about "typical ASUS performance" is that it tends to be some of the best performance on the market. Out of the box we see some extremely strong numbers which often put it ahead of the competition. When it comes to the overclocking side of things performance is also extremely stellar with a very nice overclock on offer.
The ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM is truly an awesome motherboard that has a huge amount going for it. The price point means it's not for everyone and the inclusion of the mSATA SSD isn't going to be for everyone. Nonetheless, this is a fantastic motherboard from the folks over at ASUS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand