Along with the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we also have the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and ASUS Maximus IV GENE. Along with those we've also got the recently looked at C606 based GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi.
When it came to the overclocking side of things we jumped into the advanced area of the BIOS and went straight to the Ai Tweaker section. We adjusted our CPU multiplier to 47x, which tends to be the maximum option for our particular 3770k chip, and then went onto adjust the voltages as needed.
We saved our settings, rebooted the PC and got into Windows without an issue. We started a Media Espresso encode and completed it with no problem at all. Hoping for a little bit more performance, but not really expecting it, we headed back into the BIOS and started to adjust the BCLK a little.
We moved our CPU from around 4724MHz to 4775MHz via the BCLK and while all settings allowed us into Windows, none of them were stable. In the end we had to settle with the 100 BCLK and the 47x multiplier bringing us in at 4.7GHz.This is what we would call an above average overclock with a lot of boards coming in around the 4.6 - 4.65GHz mark. Few boards have managed to move past the 4.7GHz mark and complete a Media Espresso encode, which is always the best benchmark for us when it comes to testing stability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse