Getting into the BIOS for the first time you're greeted with "EZ Mode". You can't do too much here and the chances are if you're in the BIOS you'll probably want to jump into the advanced section. This can be done by going to the top right corner of the screen or hitting F7.
Once in the advanced area of the BIOS it's all familiar territory. If you're going to be overclocking, you'll head straight over to the Ai Tweaker section of the BIOS. Here we've got all the normal BCLK and multiplier options along with a strong lineup of voltage options all in one place, which is great. What we really love, though, is that when you're adjusting the voltages we go through a number of color stages showing us what's safe and what isn't.
You start with white or black depending on if the number is highlighted or not. You then move into yellow, followed by purple before we finally hit red. Of course depending on the kind of cooling you have will depend on what you can go to. You can with confidence, though, feel pretty confortable setting the voltages in the yellow area or early purple if you're on stronger cooling.
Moving throughout the rest of the BIOS you've got all the normal options with the last screen offering the ability to flash to the latest BIOS and save O.C. Profiles. It's been ages since we've looked at an ASUS BIOS and we're again reminded why it's one of our favorites to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4