Getting into the BIOS for the first time you're greeted with "EZ Mode". You can't do too much here and the chances are if you're in the BIOS you'll probably want to jump into the advanced section. This can be done by going to the top right corner of the screen or hitting F7.
Once in the advanced area of the BIOS it's all familiar territory. If you're going to be overclocking, you'll head straight over to the Ai Tweaker section of the BIOS. Here we've got all the normal BCLK and multiplier options along with a strong lineup of voltage options all in one place, which is great. What we really love, though, is that when you're adjusting the voltages we go through a number of color stages showing us what's safe and what isn't.
You start with white or black depending on if the number is highlighted or not. You then move into yellow, followed by purple before we finally hit red. Of course depending on the kind of cooling you have will depend on what you can go to. You can with confidence, though, feel pretty confortable setting the voltages in the yellow area or early purple if you're on stronger cooling.
Moving throughout the rest of the BIOS you've got all the normal options with the last screen offering the ability to flash to the latest BIOS and save O.C. Profiles. It's been ages since we've looked at an ASUS BIOS and we're again reminded why it's one of our favorites to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Battlefield 1's new screenshots look digitally delicious
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now