Getting into the BIOS for the first time you're greeted with "EZ Mode". You can't do too much here and the chances are if you're in the BIOS you'll probably want to jump into the advanced section. This can be done by going to the top right corner of the screen or hitting F7.
Once in the advanced area of the BIOS it's all familiar territory. If you're going to be overclocking, you'll head straight over to the Ai Tweaker section of the BIOS. Here we've got all the normal BCLK and multiplier options along with a strong lineup of voltage options all in one place, which is great. What we really love, though, is that when you're adjusting the voltages we go through a number of color stages showing us what's safe and what isn't.
You start with white or black depending on if the number is highlighted or not. You then move into yellow, followed by purple before we finally hit red. Of course depending on the kind of cooling you have will depend on what you can go to. You can with confidence, though, feel pretty confortable setting the voltages in the yellow area or early purple if you're on stronger cooling.
Moving throughout the rest of the BIOS you've got all the normal options with the last screen offering the ability to flash to the latest BIOS and save O.C. Profiles. It's been ages since we've looked at an ASUS BIOS and we're again reminded why it's one of our favorites to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei officially announces Honor V9
- Nintendo unboxes the Nintendo Switch
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood