Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $129.99 the GIGABYTE Z77-HD4 is a really well priced motherboard that hits at an excellent price point. Performance on a whole is extremely strong and the overclocking performance was surprisingly strong. It just goes to show that you don't have to lose overclocking potential when opting for a cheaper motherboard. If it's built well, you'll still see excellent performance.
The only area we ran into a problem was SATA III performance and this was consistent. Multiple reboots, letting the system rest for 10 minutes and rebenching, turning the machine completely off for 10 minutes and then rebenching. It didn't matter what we did, the numbers from both SATA III ports were very consistent, with as we mentioned only a 10 - 20 MB/s fluctuation being seen between tests. SSD performance was still very strong, but you can clearly see when looking at the graphs, it sits behind the other Z77 options including its big brother the Z77X-UD4H.
The baby blue color scheme is also one we continue to dislike. It looks so old fashioned and fills like it's been around for a 100 years. With that said, we don't take too much away from the board. This is the cost of a more aggressive price point. Outside of that the board also ultimately has everything you'd want at this price.
The Z77-HD4 is a really strong all round board that does well in most areas. There's no denying that if you're looking for a board that is capable of performing well while not breaking the bank, this is a good option. Features like Ultra Durable 4, Dual UEFI BIOS, four video outputs and Gigabit networking to name just a few of the main ones help create a well-rounded motherboard at a very reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 changelog site launched
- Tales of Symphonia mod fixes stuttering, resolution issues
- ViewSonic's 4K FreeSync capable gaming monitor now available
- FCC filing confirms 3600mAh battery for Galaxy S7 Edge
- Voice dictation coming to Apple TV
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance