Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $129.99 the GIGABYTE Z77-HD4 is a really well priced motherboard that hits at an excellent price point. Performance on a whole is extremely strong and the overclocking performance was surprisingly strong. It just goes to show that you don't have to lose overclocking potential when opting for a cheaper motherboard. If it's built well, you'll still see excellent performance.
The only area we ran into a problem was SATA III performance and this was consistent. Multiple reboots, letting the system rest for 10 minutes and rebenching, turning the machine completely off for 10 minutes and then rebenching. It didn't matter what we did, the numbers from both SATA III ports were very consistent, with as we mentioned only a 10 - 20 MB/s fluctuation being seen between tests. SSD performance was still very strong, but you can clearly see when looking at the graphs, it sits behind the other Z77 options including its big brother the Z77X-UD4H.
The baby blue color scheme is also one we continue to dislike. It looks so old fashioned and fills like it's been around for a 100 years. With that said, we don't take too much away from the board. This is the cost of a more aggressive price point. Outside of that the board also ultimately has everything you'd want at this price.
The Z77-HD4 is a really strong all round board that does well in most areas. There's no denying that if you're looking for a board that is capable of performing well while not breaking the bank, this is a good option. Features like Ultra Durable 4, Dual UEFI BIOS, four video outputs and Gigabit networking to name just a few of the main ones help create a well-rounded motherboard at a very reasonable price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Nintendo Switch accessories begin to get detailed
- 'Transformers 5' gets first trailer, explosions ensue
- PS4 Pro dev kit auctioned with 800GB of encrypted data
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand