Sitting at around the $100 mark the HIS HD 7770 iCooler 1GB isn't going to break the bank and looking through the graphs you can see that the model manages to perform not too bad, especially when you consider the price it hits at. You can see under newer games like Sleeping Dogs and F1 2012 that the numbers are over 60 FPS at 1680 x 1050.
The good news, though, for the most part is that when we fall below the 60 FPS mark at that resolution we're generally speaking not too far away from where we want to be. Considering that we test with our in-game graphics quality settings maxed out, we've always got a lot of room to move.
In some games it's just going to be a matter of moving from Very High to simply just High. Others, though, are going to need a little bit more of a push and no doubt the ol' Medium option will have to come out sometimes.
Stepping away from the video performance and onto the cooler, no one is going to really fight too hard for the looks of the iCooler option that HIS have here. It's hardly the greatest looking cooler we've seen. Saying that, though, you can see that it's more than capable of doing a good job, even when you throw overclocking into the mix.
For the price, the HIS HD 7770 iCooler 1GB isn't a bad card at all. I'd rather spend the extra $80ish and move to the HD 7850, but if your budget isn't there, then it's not a bad option for lower resolution gaming. For the most part 1680 x 1050 shouldn't be an issue for most games as long as you overclock the card as we did. You're not going to be able to max out newer ones for the most part, but hovering around the medium to high area should give you the numbers you need to have a smooth gaming experience.
If you're after a card that hovers around the $100 mark and is going to play games at 1680 x 1050, the HIS HD 7770 iCooler 1GB is a good option. Do a little bit of overclocking and you're going to get some bonus FPS. Moving past 1680 x 1050, though, is going to purely depend on the game engine.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017