Specifications, Pricing and Availability
A mainstream drive offered in mainstream sizes. Kingston has V300 in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB. Unlike some of the other V Series SSDs we've seen from Kinston, the V300 does not get a 500GB class model. The specs claim up to 450MB/s sequential reads and writes, but we don't have time for marketing silliness designed to steer enthusiasts to the HyperX product line. Under the new Toshiba 19nm suit beats the heart of a proven 550MB/s champion.
V300 has no less than 12 part numbers! Take each of the three capacities and expand them to four packages. The packages are Stand-Alone, Desktop Upgrade Kit, Notebook Upgrade Kit and Desktop/Notebook Upgrade Kit. Today we're showing the Notebook Upgrade Kit, but the V300 drives inside each are the same. Newegg carries nine of the 12 kits, the lowest priced 120GB model hits the credit card for $109.99 and it was the Stand-alone model. The missing models at Newegg just happened to be from the 120GB capacity size. The 60GB Stand-Alone V300 costs $69.99 at Newegg and the 240GB just $209.99. For most models the kit price adds another $10 to your order and we feel the additional money spent is worth the investment considering everything that's included.
We prefer the Notebook Upgrade Kit because it includes a USB 2.0 enclosure and they come in handy around the lab. V300 is a 7mm design so the z-height fits new ultrabooks that 9.5mm drives simply don't fit. This series is backed by a three year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.