Newegg has the Icy Dock FlexCage MB973SP-2B, the model we looked at today, for $96.99. The same unit without USB 3.0 costs $10 less and is available at Newegg as well.
The price doesn't make this FlexCage great value for those without a specific need for a drive cage. It does fill the need for those of us with spare HDDs that get swapped around different machines often. If you pull drives from one machine to use in another quite a bit then it would make sense to buy a FlexCage for each of your computers.
The system performs well and adds a nice level of convenience for users. In our tests, the HDD actually performed a little better inside the MB973SP-2B than it did just sitting on a desk. I can't count the number of times I've formatted or read data back from a drive with it just sitting on desk. What I never considered is how bad the vibration is to the HDD. If just sitting on a desk is enough to slow the drive a small amount, then it can't be good for the delicate components inside. If you have data on a spare drive the chances are it's important data, so putting it at risk isn't something you want to do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- ASUS ZenFone 4 to be premium device with Snapdragon 835
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4