Newegg has the Icy Dock FlexCage MB973SP-2B, the model we looked at today, for $96.99. The same unit without USB 3.0 costs $10 less and is available at Newegg as well.
The price doesn't make this FlexCage great value for those without a specific need for a drive cage. It does fill the need for those of us with spare HDDs that get swapped around different machines often. If you pull drives from one machine to use in another quite a bit then it would make sense to buy a FlexCage for each of your computers.
The system performs well and adds a nice level of convenience for users. In our tests, the HDD actually performed a little better inside the MB973SP-2B than it did just sitting on a desk. I can't count the number of times I've formatted or read data back from a drive with it just sitting on desk. What I never considered is how bad the vibration is to the HDD. If just sitting on a desk is enough to slow the drive a small amount, then it can't be good for the delicate components inside. If you have data on a spare drive the chances are it's important data, so putting it at risk isn't something you want to do.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact