The cable selection and connector availability for the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W is about as perfect as you can get. There are dual EPS12V connectors for systems that need it as well as four PCI-E connectors over three cables to provide enough power for two high-end video cards. There are also eight SATA and six Molex connectors available for peripheral devices. The only thing that would be nice to see is the second EPS12V connector made modular as few will need it in a mid-range power supply and it will just provide clutter on the inside of a case.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside we have a very open unit with two large heat sinks running the length of the power supply. The PCB is also somewhat compact and Thermaltake could have used a shorter enclosure if they had wanted.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W power supply.
The secondary side is packed full of Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Thermaltake uses their own TT-1425 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the TPG-700M. This fan is simply a rebrand from Yen Sun Technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How you can become a hacker's worst nightmare
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- Prepping LGA2011 Build
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now