The cable selection and connector availability for the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W is about as perfect as you can get. There are dual EPS12V connectors for systems that need it as well as four PCI-E connectors over three cables to provide enough power for two high-end video cards. There are also eight SATA and six Molex connectors available for peripheral devices. The only thing that would be nice to see is the second EPS12V connector made modular as few will need it in a mid-range power supply and it will just provide clutter on the inside of a case.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside we have a very open unit with two large heat sinks running the length of the power supply. The PCB is also somewhat compact and Thermaltake could have used a shorter enclosure if they had wanted.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W power supply.
The secondary side is packed full of Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Thermaltake uses their own TT-1425 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the TPG-700M. This fan is simply a rebrand from Yen Sun Technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Google Street View used to monitor climate change
- OnePlus clarifies charging cable claims, not blaming suppliers
- Release your frustration with Black Friday, the game!
- Call of Duty rumored to see a third-person Modern Warfare release
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY