The cable selection and connector availability for the Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W is about as perfect as you can get. There are dual EPS12V connectors for systems that need it as well as four PCI-E connectors over three cables to provide enough power for two high-end video cards. There are also eight SATA and six Molex connectors available for peripheral devices. The only thing that would be nice to see is the second EPS12V connector made modular as few will need it in a mid-range power supply and it will just provide clutter on the inside of a case.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Inside we have a very open unit with two large heat sinks running the length of the power supply. The PCB is also somewhat compact and Thermaltake could have used a shorter enclosure if they had wanted.
A single Panasonic capacitor sits on the primary side of the Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W power supply.
The secondary side is packed full of Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Thermaltake uses their own TT-1425 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the TPG-700M. This fan is simply a rebrand from Yen Sun Technology.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung DeX transforms your Galaxy S8 into a desktop PC
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design