Connector availability for the AZZA Platinum 1000W is great, but the cable selection is a bit ho-hum. There are six PCI-E connectors present to power a trio of video cards along with 12 SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector. The native cables are what make this less than ideal. It would be much nicer to see the two native PCI-E cables as a single cable with dual connectors. It would also be nice to see the EPS12V connector made modular in order to reduce cable clutter as 95% of users will never need more than one of these.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
As expected, there are two heatsinks that run the length of the unit to provide passive cooling for the Platinum 1000W.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply features many more Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
AZZA uses the Hong Hua 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar in huge screw up
- Switch handheld battery lasts over 3 hours playing Zelda
- Hack 'Mr Robot' and win a Season 2 Blu-ray on us!
- Samsung teases the Galaxy S8 and confirms launch date
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 with stylus introduced at MWC
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art
- Samsung expands tablet portfolio with Galaxy Tab S3 and Galaxy Book, offering enhanced mobile entertainment and productivity
- Razer releases power bank smart charge mobile accessory
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand