Connector availability for the AZZA Platinum 1000W is great, but the cable selection is a bit ho-hum. There are six PCI-E connectors present to power a trio of video cards along with 12 SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector. The native cables are what make this less than ideal. It would be much nicer to see the two native PCI-E cables as a single cable with dual connectors. It would also be nice to see the EPS12V connector made modular in order to reduce cable clutter as 95% of users will never need more than one of these.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
As expected, there are two heatsinks that run the length of the unit to provide passive cooling for the Platinum 1000W.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply features many more Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
AZZA uses the Hong Hua 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils new Gear 360 camera
- Nintendo focused on gameplay over visuals in Zelda BOTW
- These are the differences between the Galaxy S7 and S8
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+: Everything you need to know
- The Galaxy S8+ is official and it looks marvelous
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design