Connector availability for the AZZA Platinum 1000W is great, but the cable selection is a bit ho-hum. There are six PCI-E connectors present to power a trio of video cards along with 12 SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector. The native cables are what make this less than ideal. It would be much nicer to see the two native PCI-E cables as a single cable with dual connectors. It would also be nice to see the EPS12V connector made modular in order to reduce cable clutter as 95% of users will never need more than one of these.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
As expected, there are two heatsinks that run the length of the unit to provide passive cooling for the Platinum 1000W.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply features many more Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
AZZA uses the Hong Hua 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Make us an awesome TweakTown wallpaper, win a Corsair Hydro H110i GT
- Raspberry Pi Zero sells out in a day
- Windows Defender works against Dell adware certificate
- Garmin releases radar to assist cyclists with safety concerns
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader