Connector availability for the AZZA Platinum 1000W is great, but the cable selection is a bit ho-hum. There are six PCI-E connectors present to power a trio of video cards along with 12 SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector. The native cables are what make this less than ideal. It would be much nicer to see the two native PCI-E cables as a single cable with dual connectors. It would also be nice to see the EPS12V connector made modular in order to reduce cable clutter as 95% of users will never need more than one of these.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
As expected, there are two heatsinks that run the length of the unit to provide passive cooling for the Platinum 1000W.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply features many more Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
AZZA uses the Hong Hua 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platinum 1000W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's 14nm Exynos mobile SoC boosts CPU power by 70%
- How you can launch your own Bitcoin business
- No Man's Sky patched to v1.07, huge list of improvements
- ADATA reveals new XPG Flame DDR4-3000 RAM
- I'm cheating on Overwatch with Battlefield 1, for now
- Intel 7th Gen "Kaby Lake" Core Processor Overview
- Who to Request For Motherboard Review Sample ?
- Cooler Master MasterCase 3 Micro-ATX Tower Case Review
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- Samsung mass produces 14nm Exynos processor with full connectivity integration
- Samsung launches two new curved gaming monitors
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces ROG Masters
- BIOSTAR TB150 PRO motherboard designed for professional mining
- ADATA launches XPG Flame DDR4 memory modules