It has been a very rough road for the video card giant nVidia for the last year. Not only have they had the fastest 3D solution crown stripped from them by their arch enemy ATI, but they have also copped a huge amount of flack from the hardware community over their choices in technology support and methods of implementation, I am talking about the GeForce FX series of cards of course.
nVidia's idea was to take the existing DirectX 9 documentation and specifications and take them one step further, what we saw was a giant leap backwards. Not only was there massive image problems with its drivers and video quality, but its performance was in some stages, worse than the GeForce 4 TI series, the cards the FX's were designed to replace.
Despite this, there are a select few who have chosen to stick by nVidia through thick and thin, Chaintech are one of them.
Today we take a look at the new Apogee FX71 GeForce FX 5600 Ultra powered video card compared to its competition, the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 2 [Specification]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 3 [Features]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001SE]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - High Detail]
- Chaintech Apogee FX71 - Page 12 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications