Installation and Finished Product
The first thing I did to get the installation underway was to add the fans to the radiator. Typically these would be installed through a chassis as well, but since I use an open air system to test with, the fan mounting is irrelevant to the side of the radiator or which way they are facing.
With the fans on, you now get to see the Hydro Series H110 in all its glory ready to be installed to the system so we can test it.
Then I went ahead and got the back plate ready by installing the metal inserts in the proper holes and applying the foam that will help keep the plate off the motherboard, but also acts to hold it to the board to make installation a touch easier, especially if done in a chassis.
There we have the back plate now added to the back of the motherboard. Yes, I know the plate is a bit crooked, but with the holes provided for the multiple sockets, they have to do this to make it all work.
Taking the top bracket, adding in the two piece clips with the LGA1155/1156 pointing out, I then slid in the thumbscrew. Repeat this on all four corners and you are almost ready to install the head unit.
The last step to installing the hardware to the cooler is to put the top metal ring with the screws onto the head unit, and lock the tabs into the slots. Once that is complete, you just have to snap in the plastic lock ring to keep the hardware in place as you mount this.
One thing the H110 lacks from the hardware kit is the Y-splitter to make powering the fans on the H110 much easier. This is a very cheap part to add to a kit, and I cannot understand why Corsair wouldn't include on at this price point.
With the H110 installed on the motherboard, there are zero clearance issues around the socket. With the length of tubing supplied, there will be no issues getting the H110 installed in the top of a chassis that provides dual 140mm mounting there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Hydro Series H110 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Xbox Wireless adapter lets you use Xbox One controller on Windows 10
- Facebook testing new video features
- Six new images show off Surface Pro 4 from every angle
- Save 97% On the Ultimate Data & Analytics Bundle
- Transition between zones 'is seamless' in The Division
- Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta GPU Performance Overview
- ASUS ZenBook Pro - ram
- Open Hour Gecko TV Box Review
- z87 killer no display after new installation ((URGENT))
- Z170 Raid Setup Post Win7x64 Install to M.2
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the NEW CRONOS AD Premium Gaming Headset
- Kingston Announces the HyperX Cloud Mav Edition Headset
- Super Talent Releases New 128GB USB 2.0 Pico C Drives
- EK Releases Full-coverage Water Block for Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD
- ASUSTOR Launches 31 Series, Economical and Powerful 4K Multimedia NAS