Installation and Finished Product
The first thing I did to get the installation underway was to add the fans to the radiator. Typically these would be installed through a chassis as well, but since I use an open air system to test with, the fan mounting is irrelevant to the side of the radiator or which way they are facing.
With the fans on, you now get to see the Hydro Series H110 in all its glory ready to be installed to the system so we can test it.
Then I went ahead and got the back plate ready by installing the metal inserts in the proper holes and applying the foam that will help keep the plate off the motherboard, but also acts to hold it to the board to make installation a touch easier, especially if done in a chassis.
There we have the back plate now added to the back of the motherboard. Yes, I know the plate is a bit crooked, but with the holes provided for the multiple sockets, they have to do this to make it all work.
Taking the top bracket, adding in the two piece clips with the LGA1155/1156 pointing out, I then slid in the thumbscrew. Repeat this on all four corners and you are almost ready to install the head unit.
The last step to installing the hardware to the cooler is to put the top metal ring with the screws onto the head unit, and lock the tabs into the slots. Once that is complete, you just have to snap in the plastic lock ring to keep the hardware in place as you mount this.
One thing the H110 lacks from the hardware kit is the Y-splitter to make powering the fans on the H110 much easier. This is a very cheap part to add to a kit, and I cannot understand why Corsair wouldn't include on at this price point.
With the H110 installed on the motherboard, there are zero clearance issues around the socket. With the length of tubing supplied, there will be no issues getting the H110 installed in the top of a chassis that provides dual 140mm mounting there.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Hydro Series H110 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 5: Forge PC footage debuts in 4K
- Battlefield 1's Rush features lots of vehicles, timer
- Access over 300,000 TV shows with SelectTV
- VW tease electric vehicle, 300 miles on 15-minute charge
- Defense Department wants AI war technology expansion
- Samsung EVO 256GB microSDXC Memory Card Review
- Asrock z170 gaming k4/d3 and the f-stream tuning program
- I Need A Fan Controller
- ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 not posting - error 69, 72, ......
- Memory Slot Issue - Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
- HyperX introduces new ALLOY gaming keyboard
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop