It is sort of funny to think back to when I started reviewing CPU coolers, and when I got my first AIO cooler. Back then we were all just happy to try out the new technology, and used these systems at the time for looks and weight reduction on the CPU sockets, since performance wasn't all that great back then. Today there are enough manufacturers out there that you have a full array of options. Not only can you go from single to dual radiator solutions, you can get them with onboard software controls, fancy lights, and just about every design of a head unit you could think of. These days you don't have to go to Asetek or CoolIT to get these units, but you can find all of the major players in the market have some sort of an AIO kit to compete and demand your money.
In this great confusion of offerings, Corsair is one company that I think took things to the next level. They were willing to try both camps for AIO suppliers, and over the years have taken the original H50 to new heights. Developments on the sidelines like lower wattage head units, improvements in fan technology, and listening to one of the largest customer bases, Corsair has been making changes to accommodate the masses as well. Since they have now gone to the latest generation of head units with the lowest power used since AIO's came around, where do they have to go to expand on these units?
With the last sample I received from Corsair, the H90 took things to new sizes and sound levels. While the H90 is the most silent sealed AIO on the market, the performance was just a bit lacking in my opinion. This is what leads us to where we are today with the latest cooler to hit the desk, the Hydro Series H110. This is the larger brother to the H90, and in this instance, it keeps the same fan that was on the H90, just now there are two. They aren't to run a push/pull setup on a thicker 140mm radiator, this time you get two fans to go on one side of the dual 140mm radiator that comes on the H110.
That being said, performance should definitely get better with the increase of surface area, but at what cost, and just how much is what we are just about to cover. If you are looking for the latest in sealed AIO's and demand performance out of the units, the Hydro Series H110 just may be your answer - continue reading to see for yourself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Corsair Hydro Series H110 AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 4 with a bonus $100 gift card as Slim nears
- How to make a living taking down hackers
- Battlefield 1 beta will run for eight days
- Turn into a certified hacker with premium training
- Samsung begins shipping its Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- Reeven Polariz RFC-04 Fan Controller Review
- Bootable RAID 0 via dual u.2 ports on x99 Designare EX
- Intel shows Merged Reality Technologies at IDF 2016
- Lenovo ThinkPad P70 Mobile Workstation Notebook Review
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller