Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $129.99 the GIGABYTE Z77N-WiFi comes in a little cheaper than expected. Considering the strong feature set on the board and the I/O line up, I thought that we'd be looking at more around the $149.99 mark - even more so when you consider the decision for GIGABYTE to opt for the black PCB, which looks fantastic.
Overclocking was always going to be limited due to the fact that we don't have the ability to adjust the voltage of the CPU or the chipset. Coming in at 4.44GHz, though, is still strong, especially when you consider everything is running at stock voltage. The only change to voltage comes with our memory and we ran that at 1.65v with our CPU running at both stock and overclocked speeds.
While not the strongest overclock, the benefit is that it impacts both heat and power in such a small way. At 4.4GHz we see our CPU running at only 62c. Considering we can see our CPU get into the 90s when overclocking, this is very good - especially considering if you plan to build this board into a small chassis. Performance out of the box is strong, it falls slightly behind in some areas, but it's nothing major and it's not under every benchmark.
Overclocking as you'd expect brings with it a decent jump in performance even though we're not dealing with a clock speed that is as high as usual. Feature wise the board is also really strong, the WiFi / Bluetooth 4.0 option is great and the dual antenna setup is going to help give you as much range and signal strength as possible.
Along with all that, though, we've just got a great looking board. We're so glad that GIGABYTE opted to go with the black PCB and not the blue one we see on their cheaper boards. All in all GIGABTYE has put together a really nice mITX motherboard that would look great and work rather well in most mITX cases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- Microsoft announces that Forza Motorsport 6 has gone gold
- It looks like there were only 12,000 'real' women on Ashley Madison
- Tomb Raider goes mobile with turn-based puzzle game 'Lara Croft Go'
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20