HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
Reading sequential data from the drives at a single queue depth resulted in an average speed of 465MB/s. This is a little faster than the non-Pro Samsung drive and faster than Vector 512GB. To be fair, we want to point out that OCZ limits their single queue depth performance to allow for multitasking overhead. It takes a queue depth of 2 to reach OCZ's maximum sequential read performance.
Writing sequential data is around 3MB/s faster on the 840 Pro when compared to Vector in this capacity size. That's a very close score for two drives with completely different designs.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Writing sequential data after a controlled number of random writes doesn't affect the larger drives as much as smaller drives. The 840 Pro fairs very well in this custom test, the average write speed with 128KB blocks was just over 391MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Package]
- Page 4 [Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Power Testing]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Intel Core i9-7920X: 12C/24T @ 4GHz, 140W TDP, and $1199
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology