System Requirements, Installation and Registration
First things first: If you haven't already performed a full backup of your Windows partition recently, then I would strongly recommend for you to do so before installing Shadow Defender (or any other software for that matter). There is always the possibility that a new program may be incompatible with your individual configuration. Backing up now could save you from having to troubleshoot problems later on. Basic backup tips have been provided within our LV/IRS technology introduction.
Minimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8
Memory by OS: 2000: 128MB, XP: 256MB, 2003: 256MB, Vista: 512MB, Windows 7: 1GB, Windows 8: 1GB (NOTE: these are the minimum RAM requirements. It is best to have at least 4GB of installed RAM before using the Shadow Defender RAM Cache option).
Disks: 3 MB for program files, 10MB or more free space for each partition in Shadow Mode.
Installation and Registration:
Installation takes mere seconds, depending of course on the speed of your system. When it completes you will be asked to restart your computer. The program doesn't add any boot sector drivers, which is a good thing in my view. After rebooting there will be a yellow Shadow Defender icon added to your system tray. Double-click on it and the registration prompt will come up.
Registration is very straight-forward. The program is fully functional as a 30 day trial with all of its features fully unlocked. If you have already purchased a license you can enter the serial number at this point. There is no hardware fingerprinting involved and the program won't ask you to access the Internet in order to register. In fact, I have been using SD for a long time now and it has never tried to go online, a huge plus in my book.
Once you have entered the serial (or chosen the trial option), the main SD window will come up, as below.
This is the System Status screen. You can select any of your volumes from the drop-down list on top, to see current information about them. If your disks are split into multiple partitions, then each one of those partitions will appear as an individual volume on this list. SD can protect all disks connected to the system, provided of course that its protection module (which is called Shadow Mode) is enabled for them. This includes all external disks that are currently plugged in; things like eSATA, firewire, and USB disks, as well as USB flash drives.
SD works at sector level, using RAM or each protected partition's free space for its virtualization cache. As a result you won't be able to see the buffer itself as an expanding file in Windows Explorer, as is the case with other LV applications which operate at file system level.
If you are interested in trying or buying Shadow Defender, you can visit this website.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Overview and History]
- Page 2 [Program Functionality Analysis]
- Page 3 [The Importance of Multi-Layered System Protection]
- Page 4 [System Requirements, Installation and Registration]
- Page 5 [Software Usage Part 1 - Mode Setting]
- Page 6 [Software Usage Part 2 - Mode Setting Continued]
- Page 7 [Software Usage Part 3]
- Page 8 [Software Usage Part 4]
- Page 9 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 1]
- Page 10 [Important Shadow Defender Usage Tips - Part 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance