Installation and Finished Product
Running the universal risers through the motherboard, washer side down of course, you then tighten the nuts onto the back plate and all the basic hardware is locked into place.
When you flip the board over you will just have the four risers sticking up. This is where you take the four small screws and secure the top plate with the "upside" printed on it facing up.
The fans need to be off the Vapor-X to secure it to the rest of the hardware. You simply need to alternate every couple of turns of the driver between this and the other side. The screws will bottom out when fully tightened.
Stepping back to see how big the Vapor-X is, you can see a lot of the motherboard still, and there are just slight issues with memory on the right side, but no issues getting the 8-pin EPS cable into place.
This is just a bit of a glamour shot as I was spinning the board around to gauge the memory clearance, but it does give you an idea of the scale of the Vapor-X as well.
If you run bare sticks like I do, you can see the Vapor-X will allow for them to fit without issues. In fact, I was able to slide a stick into all four slots.
This is where the slight issue comes in. If you have tall heat spreaders, you can use the fourth slot, but it left the memory sitting at a pretty bad angle and I wasn't willing to lock it fully into place.
As I allowed the cooler to run for a couple of hours before testing to set in the TIM a bit and allow the fans the chance to free up on the bearings a bit, I thought it was a great time to snap an image of the Vapor-X in all of its blue LED glory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Sapphire Vapor-X Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 10 [Testing History]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini