Installation and Finished Product
Running the universal risers through the motherboard, washer side down of course, you then tighten the nuts onto the back plate and all the basic hardware is locked into place.
When you flip the board over you will just have the four risers sticking up. This is where you take the four small screws and secure the top plate with the "upside" printed on it facing up.
The fans need to be off the Vapor-X to secure it to the rest of the hardware. You simply need to alternate every couple of turns of the driver between this and the other side. The screws will bottom out when fully tightened.
Stepping back to see how big the Vapor-X is, you can see a lot of the motherboard still, and there are just slight issues with memory on the right side, but no issues getting the 8-pin EPS cable into place.
This is just a bit of a glamour shot as I was spinning the board around to gauge the memory clearance, but it does give you an idea of the scale of the Vapor-X as well.
If you run bare sticks like I do, you can see the Vapor-X will allow for them to fit without issues. In fact, I was able to slide a stick into all four slots.
This is where the slight issue comes in. If you have tall heat spreaders, you can use the fourth slot, but it left the memory sitting at a pretty bad angle and I wasn't willing to lock it fully into place.
As I allowed the cooler to run for a couple of hours before testing to set in the TIM a bit and allow the fans the chance to free up on the bearings a bit, I thought it was a great time to snap an image of the Vapor-X in all of its blue LED glory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Sapphire Vapor-X Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 10 [Testing History]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog