Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler
From the front of the Vapor-X you can see it is completely covered by this familiar 120mm fan design. The bulk of the fan is exposed, but the top and sides are held by the shroud to keep the fan secured to the cooler body.
On the side there are the Sapphire printed shrouds clipping near the center of the cooler as they dive down to avoid the bit from the top of the cooler. You can also notice the majority of the side is closed off where it wasn't needed to clip the shrouds on.
Since this side of the fan would be exposed, I do like that the factory sticker has been replaced with a Vapor-X logo sticker. It does make the cooler look a bit better from this angle. I also wanted to tease you a bit with a bit of the top of the three piece shroud now showing.
This side of the Vapor-X has the same shroud clips to hold on the fans, but this time there is a two wire clip that you can disconnect. Since the front fan also powers the LEDs in the top, when you remove the fans to install the cooler, they made an easy way to disconnect the LEDs rather than making you remove the top.
Already in line and ready to be plugged into the motherboard header, Sapphire added a Y-splitter to allow both 4-pin PWM connections on the fan to run from only one header on the motherboard to keep both fans equal according to your bios settings.
The top of the cooler is finished with a plastic cover to form fit to the shrouds on the fans. In the middle is the Sapphire name on a metal plaque with blue strips on either side that will glow when the cooler is powered up. There is also the Vapor-X name on the right side that will also illuminate.
Flipping the cooler over we can see the way the Vapor-X is constructed. There is a large Vapor Chamber at the bottom, the heat pipes come off the top of it and are pressed into the fins.
Besides the made in China sticker, I did want to get a little closer to show that the fins do fit securely around each of the four heat pipes as they are pressed over them.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Sapphire Vapor-X Universal CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Sapphire Vapor-X Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 8 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 9 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 10 [Testing History]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- San Jose's Cogswell College announces VR/AR certificate program
- Nintendo NX will launch with a 'full software lineup'
- Apple stock is tanking, with large investor pulling his money out
- PC gaming continues to make more money than consoles
- NVIDIA to unveil next-gen GeForce on the same day as Battlefield 5
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched