Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The SST-RL04B does have three brother cases named RL01, RL02, RL03, and of course the version we are discussing now. While the others are slightly different externally there are three different layouts, with this version being the best offering of the series. Externally the SST-RL04B does have a part of the bezel that is angled and sticks out a bit like armor as discussed earlier, but it also has raised mesh panels with aggressive lines to give this chassis a bit of style. Internally you are given four 5.25" bays, and room for five 3.5" or 2.5" storage drives below it. The motherboard tray will hold an ATX or Micro-ATX motherboard, and the back can hold seven slots worth of expansion cards, and there are even holes for water cooling.
To cool this chassis there are a lot of options. While the SST-RL04B only comes with a single 120mm fan in the front of the chassis, there is plenty of room to add on. There is another spot in the front for a 120mm, and the top of the chassis can hold either a pair of 140mm fans or a pair of 120mm fans. The rear of the chassis can also hold a 120mm fan, and on the left door panel you have the same options as does the top of the chassis. Keeping the cost down has to be felt somewhere, and in this chassis it is the cut in provided air flow. For me personally this isn't an issue, as I have a ton of fans around, but for the average user, this is at least another $30 you have to invest to fill all the fan holes in this chassis.
Since a lot of what I have had sent to me recently is so fresh to the market, in the US, locations to obtain them are somewhat limited at the moment. I found four hits, two of which were overpriced eBay hits, but on the full retail front, there were two more to look at. Newegg was one of them, and is currently listing the SST-RL04B at $52.99 and requires another $9.99 in shipping fees. The other location is SuperBiiz.com with a $49.99 pricing, and with shipping to me, the price is exactly the same. Considering we are dealing with a $50 chassis, that really lowers the bar as to what should be in a chassis, but that doesn't mean Silverstone are.
If you want to see what is included within the SST-RL04B, stick with me through the packaging and we will get right into this new budget friendly Redline Series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- 'Stranger Things' director talks bigger, darker season 2
- Samsung's new Galaxy S8 looks amazing in leaked videos
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017