Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The first chart is the one you will find on the Corsair website as well as being displayed on the packaging. It isn't very informative, but let me try to elaborate a bit. First it covers the 140mm aluminum radiator, but I would have liked to have the FPI included, which happens to be 26 FPI when I actually measured it. It then covers the 140mm, high static pressure fan, but you will see that discussed in the next chart. It then goes on to show that the unit is more than capable of cooling all of the latest sockets with the included hardware. It then goes on to describe the cold plate and manifold, but doesn't mention that the plate is copper, milled rather well, and is convex when finished. It does however go on to mention that this kit is pre-filled and sealed, so that there is no maintenance other than cleaning the fan and the radiator from time to time.
The second chart is the specifics of the 140mm fan that I located in my reviewers guide. While neither this chart, nor the back of the fan display a model number to cross reference, the specs listed are very descriptive. The chart oddly starts off with the radiator dimensions, something to me that should have been on the box chart or on website, but here it is anyways. As for the fan, it is 140mm by 24mm thick, and receives power via a three pin fan connection. The fan will top out at near 1500 RPM, give or take a little bit, while delivering up to 94 CFM of air flow. Maybe for a 140mm fan 1.64mmH2O
is considered high pressure, but I was expecting something over 2mm, maybe even closer to 3mm H20 to be specified as having a "high static pressure fan".
It also rates this 140mm fan at 35 dBA of noise level, hinting to me that there may be a lean to silence of operation in these units as well as the increasing of surface area. The last thing that is mentioned is the power draw of 5.76W. That isn't the fan; they have jumped back to the draw of the pump in the head unit.
With the fact that the Hydro Series H90 is so new, there is only one hit via Google to find this on the shelves currently. Of course the one place it is available is Newegg, and they are asking $99.99 for these units. For the same price you can also buy them direct from Corsair, but with free shipping and a promo code of "Corsairnew10" to save another $10 off the price, why bother? While that price is really good at $89.99 to your door, it is a limited time offer. For the aspect of value in this review, I will be basing it off the $99.99 price point.
On the whole, as the market has shown time and time again, most of these single radiator units release right around $100 and the duals are in the $130 range, so the Hydro Series H90 is at least priced right on paper, so let's see how it does in the real world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD