8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the SM843 was 44,499 IOPS during the QD256 measurement window. The P400m at QD256 was 39,122 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 40,766 IOPS compared to 54,767 IOPS for the Optimus.
The average 8K random write speed of the Samsung SM843 was 6,269 IOPS, again trailing the pack. This workload also exhibited a wide range of I/O rates during the test. The Micron P400m at QD256 was 15,394 IOPS, the DC S3700 was 20,475 IOPS and the Optimus delivered 25,096 IOPS.
The SM843 leads the pack with the pure 8K random read speed, but quickly falls to the bottom once we begin mixing in a write workload. When under heavier write loads the SM843 begins to exhibit much more variability in performance.
The Samsung SM843 again demonstrates a wide range of latency variability during the test, with 50% of I/O at 20-40ms, 26% at 10-20ms, and a wide range of distribution in the other areas, topping out at 200ms.
The power for the SM843 averaged 2.67 Watts during the test, the Micron P400m 3.89 Watts, the Intel 4.81 Watts, and the Optimus 7.7 Watts.
The SM832 weighs in at 2,340 write IOPS per Watt, the Micron 3,954 IOPS, the Intel 4,252 IOPS and the Optimus 3,228 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- Gionee launches A1 in India
- Samsung to disable charging on remaining Galaxy Note7s
- New Tekken 7 trailer shows off devastating combos
- Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus pricing leaks
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse