Samsung SM843 Internals
The exterior of the SM843 features a nice bevel and relevant product information on the sticker. The Samsung SM843 comes in the 2.5-inch form factor with a 7mm Z-Height. This enables deployment into slim applications and blade servers.
The rear of the SSD is unremarkable, though we do note the pentalobular screws that Samsung uses for all of its SSDs. The exterior is the exact same as the consumer 840 Series SSDs.
The SM843 does not employ the use of thermal pads, and the case of the SSD consists of a thin metal shell.
The MDX controller is an eight-channel three core (ARM R4 Cortex) controller. The hardware, controller, NAND and DRAM are all the same as the hardware employed in the standard consumer 840 series. The only difference is the firmware and extra overprovisioning over the standard 7% employed in the 840 Series SSDs (8GB extra for the model we are testing). There are eight emplacements of 20nm Samsung MLC NAND.
Directly above the MDX controller we can observe the 512MB of LPDDR2-1033 RAM cache. We also note the distinct lack of power holdup circuitry.
The rear of the SSD is devoid of any components.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV comes to PC in 2018, NVIDIA optimized
- Pre-ordered Note8 to come with a free 360 camera
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect