Installation and Finished Product Continued
Taking a glance from above the AXP-100, you can see that the TY-100mm fan does a great job of covering the majority of the fins, and should have sufficient flow to keep this cooler under control with the heat from my 2600K under it.
If you want there is the option to use this adapter plate. You can see the screws in the slots will allow the fan mounted on top to have about three-quarters of an inch of leeway to move back and forth. The wholes on the corners to mount the new fan to are 120mm spacing.
Again looking at the AXP-100 from the top, I slid the hardware to the left. This allows the 140mm fan to also cool the motherboard heat sinks, and in tiny cases, this is something that should be addressed to ensure longevity of the motherboard.
In this image the TY-140 is now slid all the way to the right. While it doesn't quite get all four channels, it does add a bit of air flow in between the sticks that otherwise it would not have with the TY-100 fan on this cooler.
Even with this fan installed, you can see there is plenty of room for medium to large heat spreaders to fit under the fan. Since it doesn't completely clear the memory area when it is slid to the left, very tall heat spreaders may cause issues in that slot nearest the CPU.
This is what I meant about it adds flow to either side of the CPU cooler. As it is set now, it can add flow to the memory, but not as much as a dedicated fan cooler. If it were reversed, it would add flow to the MOSFET heat sinks, just in case you want to overclock still.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S7 will have Qualcomm or Samsung processors
- NVIDIA showed off its next-gen HBM-based Pascal GPU in Japan recently
- Players attempt to enter nostalgia trip as CODPROMOD kicks on
- Check out these official DOCTOR WHO wired and wireless headphones
- A Full HD 16 inch display via USB, meet the AOC PRO
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog