Installation and Finished Product Continued
Taking a glance from above the AXP-100, you can see that the TY-100mm fan does a great job of covering the majority of the fins, and should have sufficient flow to keep this cooler under control with the heat from my 2600K under it.
If you want there is the option to use this adapter plate. You can see the screws in the slots will allow the fan mounted on top to have about three-quarters of an inch of leeway to move back and forth. The wholes on the corners to mount the new fan to are 120mm spacing.
Again looking at the AXP-100 from the top, I slid the hardware to the left. This allows the 140mm fan to also cool the motherboard heat sinks, and in tiny cases, this is something that should be addressed to ensure longevity of the motherboard.
In this image the TY-140 is now slid all the way to the right. While it doesn't quite get all four channels, it does add a bit of air flow in between the sticks that otherwise it would not have with the TY-100 fan on this cooler.
Even with this fan installed, you can see there is plenty of room for medium to large heat spreaders to fit under the fan. Since it doesn't completely clear the memory area when it is slid to the left, very tall heat spreaders may cause issues in that slot nearest the CPU.
This is what I meant about it adds flow to either side of the CPU cooler. As it is set now, it can add flow to the memory, but not as much as a dedicated fan cooler. If it were reversed, it would add flow to the MOSFET heat sinks, just in case you want to overclock still.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives