Installation and Finished Product
The back plate is designed to allow users to install it either side up, and it can be swapped end to end. The main thing to make sure of is to add the white plastic spacers to the screws to isolate this plate from the motherboard.
Since I forgot the top shot before I applied the TIM and set the cooler in it, I figured a shot taken at this angle would suffice. The screws through the back plate go into the riser that has a washer on it to set on the motherboard. Then you add the top plate and screw it in place.
To mount the cooler to the top plate, this is where those gaps come into play. I would suggest a magnetic screwdriver, as you have to thread the needle with the driver and the screw to hit the plate under the cooler that locks it all securely to the motherboard.
Once the AXP-100 is securely mounted to the motherboard, you can then add the TY-100 from the box to the top with the screws that were provided. This will bring the overall height to 58mm, but it still is a very low-profile solution for a C-style cooler.
As you can see, the cooler is about twice as tall as my memory. If you have some of the taller heat spreaders on your memory, no worries there, you just block off the cooler from being viewed at this angle.
As you can see I have the pipe ends facing the top of the motherboard, and in this configuration the cooler stays clear of all four memory slots. If you turn it sideways, you are going to have the tips blocking taller memory, where if the bent pipes are here, it will fully block that slot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 5: Eastern Front rumors are reportedly fake
- Samsung 'Bedtime VR Stories' is a truly new way of telling stories
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched