Installation and Finished Product
The back plate is designed to allow users to install it either side up, and it can be swapped end to end. The main thing to make sure of is to add the white plastic spacers to the screws to isolate this plate from the motherboard.
Since I forgot the top shot before I applied the TIM and set the cooler in it, I figured a shot taken at this angle would suffice. The screws through the back plate go into the riser that has a washer on it to set on the motherboard. Then you add the top plate and screw it in place.
To mount the cooler to the top plate, this is where those gaps come into play. I would suggest a magnetic screwdriver, as you have to thread the needle with the driver and the screw to hit the plate under the cooler that locks it all securely to the motherboard.
Once the AXP-100 is securely mounted to the motherboard, you can then add the TY-100 from the box to the top with the screws that were provided. This will bring the overall height to 58mm, but it still is a very low-profile solution for a C-style cooler.
As you can see, the cooler is about twice as tall as my memory. If you have some of the taller heat spreaders on your memory, no worries there, you just block off the cooler from being viewed at this angle.
As you can see I have the pipe ends facing the top of the motherboard, and in this configuration the cooler stays clear of all four memory slots. If you turn it sideways, you are going to have the tips blocking taller memory, where if the bent pipes are here, it will fully block that slot.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- New Plants Vs Zombies: Heroes launches on iOS & Android
- 30% discount with Nintendo's Europe Birthday Promotion
- Watch Metallica's themed gameplay trailer that failed
- Dead Rising 4 has 18 holes of mini golf to play through
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system