The Build and Finished Product
Since you can pretty much do whatever you want in the front of this chassis, I removed the cover with the adapter in it for 3.5" devices and slid in the DVD drive. Right below it, behind the cover, is the SSD just to help clean up the wiring inside, and allow the lower two-thirds of the panel to passively allow cool air into the chassis.
Inside the case, the Phanteks cooler looked a bit too tall, but then I remembered about the panel so I carried on. It was a bit rough with the specific cooler on my GPU, but I was able to get the bar in and support this card with it. I also now have the 92mm fan blowing over the RAM and trying to blow above the CPU cooler on the motherboard.
Look closely at the fan, the right two holes have no screws. Besides that, the rear I/O cover snapped in easily, and the expansion slot cover isn't that much of a paint to deal with to get the card mounted inside. Come to think of it, everything back here went rather well.
With all the places to tie wiring, and seeing that Zalman sort of hinted at the way it needs to be, I followed their advice. With a bit of time and some planning, you can get a really tidy result like this, you just need about 50 wire ties to make it happen.
The door panels went back on much easier than they came off, as I literally had to pry them off with a screwdriver to get the first image inside of the MS800. As far as the looks go, had I not used the optical drive, there would be no difference in looks from its out of the box state.
Once powered on, with the fan controller on low, you only have the light of the power button, and the occasional flicker of the HDD activity light letting you know the PC is running from this distance. Even with it at full blast, from this distance there is just a slight hum that is audible from the MS800.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives