Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
I find myself legitimately surprised with what BIOSTAR has put together here today. For $149.99 this is a really strong motherboard board that performs better than expected - especially when it comes to the overclocking side of things, which saw some really amazing performance, that put it ahead of a lot of boards priced at a similar level or even some priced at a higher level.
I think the next thing we need to do is cover the audio side of things since it's of course such a big part of the board. Using the Corsair SP-2500 speakers, audio performance was strong. Stronger than the performance I see out of the GIGABYTE G1.Sniper 3 I use which uses the Creative CA0132 chip? Probably not, but this is a board that costs $100 more than the BIOSTAR offering.
It feels like the board would shine in the situation where someone is looking for a HTPC based on an ATX motherboard that doesn't want to break the bank and is able to offer strong performance. Is the board going to provide better audio than others that come in at the mid-$100 range? Well, we wouldn't doubt that for a second.
The calibration software as well is something that is going to come in handy for someone wanting to setup a home theater PC and have the multi-channel audio setup running as finely tuned as possible. From an audio perspective this is a strong board. You can't forget, though, that for $149.99, you're not just getting an audio product, though, you're getting a full motherboard.
Moving away from the audio side of things and going over everything else, like we said at the start here, we've ultimately got a strong performing board that performed better than we thought when it came to overclocking. Pricing comes in strong, the features are great and performance is overall really strong. We're a little short in the bundle, but again at this price point, we're not expecting a large bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- Mass Effect Andromeda deal takes a dive to 27% off
- AMD's high-end X390/X399 mobo: dual Ryzen CPUs possible
- Dell unleashes its new 8K monitor, costs $5000
- New Call of Duty set in WWII?
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse