Along with this GIGABYTE offering running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4 present. Along with those two boards we've got a bunch of Z77 boards that we've looked at recently using the Intel Core i7 3770k. These boards include the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and finally the ASUS Maximus V GENE to round off the collection.
Before we get into the performance side of things we will cover the overclocking department. As usual we jump straight into the BIOS and head to the M.I.T. area. From here we're able to start to adjust our voltages, BCLK and CPU multiplier.
After going back and forth waiting to find which setting that was 100% stable, we ended up with the CPU multiplier at 46x and the BCLK slightly raised to 103. As you can see above, this resulted in a final clock speed of 4738MHz or 4.74GHz, as shown in our graphs here today.
Before we get into the performance side of things we want to quickly cover the "OC" button that we mentioned earlier which is located on the I/O panel. Pushing this button before the machine is powered up causes the machine to power up, then reboot after a short period.
With everything finally booted we got into Windows, and as you can see above, we got a slight overclock to 4.2GHz with the need to do nothing more than push a button. This is 300MHz up on the stock 3.9GHz that can be achieved via Turbo on the 3960X.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Futuremark deploys Vulkan API test in 3DMark
- Star Wars Battlefront, Need for Speed sequels teased
- Corsair One: a new line of tiny, but powerful gaming PCs
- WikiLeaks: Apple Mac, iPhone firmware hacked by CIA
- AMD Ryzen 5 processors hit some retailers, 3 weeks early
- NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Corsair ONE Pro SFF Gaming PC Review
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Download "ScanPST.exe tool
- Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse