Heading into the BIOS area you're really not going to see anything that you aren't too familiar with even though we're dealing with a server chipset here.
After updating to the latest BIOS we're greeted by the 3D BIOS when we first get in. As we've mentioned before, we've never been a huge fan of this, as it tends to make the whole process of working around the BIOS a little slower. As always, though, we're not forced to use it and we head straight to the advanced section.
If you've used a GIGABYTE UEFI BIOS since they introduced it you're going to know exactly what you're dealing with here. When it comes to the overclocking side of things you're going to want to be in the M.I.T. area of the BIOS which is the first screen in the advanced area. Here you've got all your normal abilities like adjusting frequencies, multiplier, RAM speeds and voltages to name just a few things.
Outside the M.I.T. area you've got the normal options available that give the ability to enable and disable certain features and technologies. We've got the ability to save profiles and in the bottom right corner you can see a list of short cuts to get around the BIOS including F8 to open up Q-Flash and update to the latest BIOS version via a USB drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now