As always you can see most of our testbed information above and for that reason we won't get into it. Quickly, though, before we get into the overclocking side of things, we'll go over the boards that you'll see in our graphs today. To start with we have the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H that will be running at both stock speeds and overclocked speeds (which we'll cover in just a moment).
Alongside the GIGABYTE board we've also got the ASRock Z77 OC Formula board, MSI Z77 MPower and ASUS Maximus V GENE to round off the Z77 options. We've also got the X79 represented here in the form of the ASRock X79 Extreme4, which is using an Intel Core i7 3960X Extreme Edition CPU.
Before we get into the testing side of things we need to cover the overclocking. Heading into the BIOS we adjusted our voltages to the levels they need to be and then proceed to bump up the multiplier. We moved straight to a 47x multiplier which brought us in at 4.7GHz. While our machine booted with no issue, as soon as we started to run MediaEspresso, we ran into some problems.
Heading back into the BIOS we moved to a 46x multiplier and headed back into Windows. With no issue completing a MediaEspresso encode we decided to head back into the BIOS to adjust the BCLK slightly to see if we could get anything else out of it.
Looking above you can see we ended up with a 100.88 BCLK which brought our final CPU speed in at 4741MHz. While 4.7GHz wouldn't work with a straight up 47x multiplier, you can see above with the lower multiplier and the increased BCLK, we managed to hit that number and slightly higher. This is a good overclock from a board that comes in at the mid $100 mark. It should yield some strong performance over the stock out of the box settings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- صيانة منتجات ويرلبول مصر 01210999852 رقم خط مبيعات و
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood