Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $164.99 the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H is a really well priced motherboard that can be bought now. GIGABYTE does an excellent job of reminding us that you don't have to break the bank to get a board that looks great. The matte black look on this board is fantastic and with a couple of highlight colors throughout, you end up with something that's going to look really nice inside any case.
Priced at less than half that of the recently looked at Z77X-UP7, you're going to be of course missing a fair few features when compared to its much bigger brother. While we might be lacking stuff like WLAN, dual Gigabit networking and mSATA support to name just a few of the features, you still end up with a lot of features on this more affordable option.
Considering the price point you're probably going to end up with everything you need with a single Gigabit port on offer, SLI and CrossFire support available, a bunch of video and audio ports and some great out of the box performance. If the out of the box performance isn't enough for you, though, you can get into the BIOS and bring even more performance to the table.
Looking at the numbers you can see that the overclock we achieved was actually slightly higher than that of the more expensive Z77X-UP7. As surprising as this might sound, it's not the biggest shock to us. Quite often we see these boards that offer less on board actually give us slightly stronger overclocks.
The other area the board lacks in is the bundle, but again that's due to the more aggressive price point. You really do have everything you'll need to get up and running, so there shouldn't be too much concern here.
The Z77X-UD4H is a really nice option for people who want to find a board that sits around the mid $100 price bracket, but still want something that looks great. The performance of the board is strong out of the box and the overclocking performance and features are also solid for this price point. All in all it's a fantastic option for people who are interested in spending this kind of money on a new motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- It's morphin time for new 'Power Rangers' trailer
- The Nokia 6 sells out in just one minute
- MSI reveals VR Jam winners
- Photo of the glass panels for the Galaxy S8 leaked
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni