Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $164.99 the GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H is a really well priced motherboard that can be bought now. GIGABYTE does an excellent job of reminding us that you don't have to break the bank to get a board that looks great. The matte black look on this board is fantastic and with a couple of highlight colors throughout, you end up with something that's going to look really nice inside any case.
Priced at less than half that of the recently looked at Z77X-UP7, you're going to be of course missing a fair few features when compared to its much bigger brother. While we might be lacking stuff like WLAN, dual Gigabit networking and mSATA support to name just a few of the features, you still end up with a lot of features on this more affordable option.
Considering the price point you're probably going to end up with everything you need with a single Gigabit port on offer, SLI and CrossFire support available, a bunch of video and audio ports and some great out of the box performance. If the out of the box performance isn't enough for you, though, you can get into the BIOS and bring even more performance to the table.
Looking at the numbers you can see that the overclock we achieved was actually slightly higher than that of the more expensive Z77X-UP7. As surprising as this might sound, it's not the biggest shock to us. Quite often we see these boards that offer less on board actually give us slightly stronger overclocks.
The other area the board lacks in is the bundle, but again that's due to the more aggressive price point. You really do have everything you'll need to get up and running, so there shouldn't be too much concern here.
The Z77X-UD4H is a really nice option for people who want to find a board that sits around the mid $100 price bracket, but still want something that looks great. The performance of the board is strong out of the box and the overclocking performance and features are also solid for this price point. All in all it's a fantastic option for people who are interested in spending this kind of money on a new motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20