When testing the SN41G2 XPC in the past we mentioned that the overclocking of this system was extremely limited. We are happy to report that this has changed with the SN45G. First off under the Frequency/Voltage control menu in the BIOS where you will find the overclocking options for the CPU multipliers, voltages, dividers and the Front Side Bus (FSB).
If you are lucky enough to have an unlocked AMD Athlon CPU (or have a T-Bread or Barton) you can change the CPU multiplier from 8x up to 25x. This allows for dropping the multiplier and raising the FSB, which yields better overclocking results 90% of the time. You can lock the AGP and PCI dividers to 66MHz for AGP and 33MHz for PCI, this keeps the video bus and PCI bus right on specifications, eliminating the AGP and PCI devices being the bottleneck. Memory ratios come in 15 different flavors for giving you as much control over the memory frequency as you could possibly want.
Voltage selections are quite generous. CPU voltage regulator can be set from 1.3v up to 1.85v in 0.025v increments. This allows for the safest voltage overclock on the CPU.
DRAM voltage adjustments are available this time. DRAM can be set from 2.5v up to 2.8v in 0.1v increments. This allows you to push as much speed out of your overclocked RAM as you want, within reason.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SN45G XPC - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SN45G XPC - Page 2 [Specifications]
- SN45G XPC - Page 3 [Features]
- SN45G XPC - Page 4 [Features Continued]
- SN45G XPC - Page 5 [Features Continued Again]
- SN45G XPC - Page 6 [Overclocking]
- SN45G XPC - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Sandra MAX3]
- SN45G XPC - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- SN45G XPC - Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SN45G XPC - Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- SN45G XPC - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- SN45G XPC - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- SN45G XPC - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- SN45G XPC - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- SN45G XPC - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- SN45G XPC - Page 16 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm acquires NXP Semiconductor for $47 billion
- Nintendo Switch has 6-inch 720p multi-touchscreen
- Twitter kills Vine app, web version still available
- Titanfall 2 for PC, up to 20% off for Friday's release
- Final Fantasy XV has gone gold, will have online co-op
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications